Terms and Conditions
This page, together with the documents referred to on it, tells you the terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions) on which we supply any of the products (each a Product) listed on our website creativeglassbycd.com (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from the Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
1. We are Amended Sections ABN: 36 802 128 266, PO Box 2081 Normanville South Australia 5204, trading as creativeglassbycd.com
2. These Terms and Conditions govern the supply by us of any Product ordered by you on the Site. By agreeing to order a Product, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. In these Terms and Conditions:
1. "Account" means the account that you will need to register for on the Site if you would like to submit an Order on the Site;
2. "Acknowledgement" means our acknowledgement of your Order by email;
3. "Business Day" means a day which is neither (i) a Saturday or Sunday, nor (ii) a public holiday anywhere in Australia;
4. "Confirmation of Order" means our email to you, in which we accept your Order in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
5. "Contract" means your Order of a Product or Products in accordance with these Terms and Conditions which we accept in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
6. "Customer" means individual who places an Order on the Site;
7. "Liability" has the meaning given to it in clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions;
8. "Order" means the order submitted by you to the Site to purchase a Product from us;
9. "you" means the Customer who places an Order;
10. references to "clauses" are to clauses of these Terms and Conditions;
11. headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of the Terms and Conditions;
12. words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include every gender and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership;
13. references to "includes" or "including" or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation.
2. Your Status
1. To place an order with creativeglassbycd.com you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all Orders and Contracts made or to be made by us for the sale and supply of Products. When you submit an Order to us, give any delivery instruction or accept delivery of the Products, this shall in any event constitute your unqualified acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights (including the right to insist that goods you buy from businesses must correspond with their description, be fit for their purpose and be of satisfactory quality).
2. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any separate terms put forward by you. Any conditions that you submit, propose or stipulate in whatever form and at whatever time, whether in writing, by email or orally, are expressly waived and excluded.
3. No other terms or changes to the Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing signed by us.
4. How a Contract is formed
1. When making an Order, you must register for an Account on the Site and you must follow the instructions on the Site as to how to make your Order and for making changes to your prospective Order before you submit it to the Site.
2. Irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, once you select a Product that you wish to Order, you will then be shown or told (on the Site) the charges you must pay including GST, if applicable, and any applicable delivery charges. Unless otherwise stipulated on the Site, all charges are in the currency then in force in Australia. Subject to clause 4.11 below, this is the total that you will pay for receipt of the ordered Product.
3. You shall pay for the Product in full at the time of ordering by supplying us with your credit or debit card details from a credit or debit card company acceptable to us or by Paypal, which we require in order to process your Order.
4. If you are asked for details of a payment card, you must be fully entitled to use that card or account. The card or account must have sufficient funds to cover the proposed payment to us.
5. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Product from us will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or account or other payment method which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Product. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the Product.
6. When you submit an Order to the Site, you agree that you do so subject to these Terms and Conditions current at the date you submit your Order. You are responsible for reviewing the latest Terms and Conditions each time you submit your Order.
7. Your Order remains valid as an offer until we issue our Confirmation of Order or, if earlier, when we receive your notice revoking your Order.
8. We shall not be obliged to supply the Product to you until we have accepted your Order. Unless expressly stating that we accept your order, an email, letter, fax or other Acknowledgement of your Order by us is purely for information purposes and does not constitute the Confirmation of Order. In that Acknowledgement, we may give you an Order reference number and details of the Product you have ordered. We may in our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason, including unavailability of supplies or we may offer you an alternative Product (in which case we may require you to re-submit your Order first).
9. A Contract shall be formed and we shall be legally bound to supply the Product to you when we accept your Order. Acceptance shall take place when we expressly accept your Order by email to you, in the form of a document called a "Confirmation of Order" stating that we are accepting your Order. Our Confirmation of Order shall be deemed to come into effect when it has been despatched by us. Without affecting your obligation to pay us earlier, we may send an invoice to you at any time after we have accepted your Order. Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you reserve the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before we have accepted it, then we will promptly refund any payment already made by you or your credit or debit card company to us for the order of the Product.
10. If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions.
11. We try very hard to ensure that the price given to you is accurate, but the price of your Order will need to be validated by us as part of our acceptance procedure. If the price for the Order changes before we accept your Order, we will contact you and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed at the amended price.
12. A Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Confirmation of Order. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your Order until we have sent a Confirmation of Order in relation to those Products.
13. You must only submit to us or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
1. We aim to deliver the Product to you at the place of delivery requested by you in your Order.
2. We aim to deliver within the time indicated by us at the time of your Order (and updated in the Confirmation of Order) but we cannot promise an exact date when you submit your Order or at the Confirmation of Order. We always aim to deliver within 4 working days from the date of any Order which we accept but we cannot guarantee any firm delivery dates.
3. We shall aim to let you know if we expect that we are unable to meet our estimated delivery date, but, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery.
4. On delivery of the Product, you may be required to sign for delivery. You agree to inspect the Product for any obvious faults, defects or damage before you sign for delivery. You need to keep receipt of the delivered Product in case of future discussions with us about it.
5. Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
6. We deliver in our standard packaging. Any special packaging requested by you is subject to additional charges.
7. All risk in the Product shall pass to you upon delivery, except that, where delivery is delayed due to a breach of your obligations under a Contract, risk shall pass at the date when delivery would have occurred but for your breach. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the Product.
8. You must take care when opening the Product so as not to damage it, particularly when using any sharp instruments.
9. You shall ensure that you are ready for safe receipt of the Product without undue delay and at any time reasonably specified by us.
10. If you are not available to take delivery or collection, we may leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier.
11. If delivery or collection is delayed through your unreasonable refusal to accept delivery or if you do not (within two weeks of our first attempt to deliver the Product to you) accept delivery or collect the Product from the carrier, then we may (without affecting any other right or remedy available to us) do either or both of the following:
1. charge you for our reasonable storage fee and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
2. no longer make the Product available for delivery or collection and notify you that we are immediately cancelling the applicable Contract, in which case we will refund to you or your credit or debit card company as applicable any money already paid to us under the applicable Contract, less our reasonable administration charges (including for attempting to deliver and then returning the Product, and any storage fees as provided for in clause 5.11 above).
1. We may cancel a Contract if the Product is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made.
2. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the Product.
7. Cancellation by Customer (Non-Faulty Product)
1. If you wish to cancel your order please contact creativeglassbycd.com
8. No cancellation fees apply. Once an order has been dispatched it may not be cancelled and the item must instead be returned to the company according to guidelines provided
9. Limitation of Liability
1. This clause 9 prevails over all other clauses and sets forth our entire Liability, and your sole and exclusive remedies, for:
1. the performance, non-performance, purported performance or delay in performance of these Terms and Conditions or a Contract or the Site (or any part of it or them); or
2. otherwise in relation to these Terms and Conditions or the entering into or performance of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Guarantee and complaints management
1. We shall perform our obligations under these Terms and Conditions with reasonable skills and care.
2. We place great value on our customer satisfaction. You may contact us at any time using the contact details given in clause 1.1 of these Terms and Conditions. We will attempt to address your concerns as soon as reasonably possible and will contact you on receipt of any relevant enquiry or complaint. In the event of a complaint it will help us if you can describe the object of your complaint as accurately as possible and, where applicable, send us copies of the Order or at least the order number that we assign you in the Acknowledgement or Confirmation of Order. Should you not have received any reaction from us within ten Business Days, please make further enquiries. In rare cases your emails may be caught up in our spam filters or not reach us, or correspondence that we send to you may otherwise not have reached you.
11. Circumstances beyond our control (force majeur clause)
1. We shall not be liable to you for any breach, hindrance or delay in the performance of a Contract attributable to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any natural disaster and unavoidable incident, actions of third parties (including without limitation hackers, suppliers, governments, quasi-governmental, supra-national or local authorities), insurrection, riot, civil commotion, war, hostilities, warlike operations, national emergencies, terrorism, piracy, arrests, restraints or detainments of any competent authority, strikes or combinations or lock-out of workmen, epidemic, fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought, weather conditions, earthquake, natural disaster, accident, mechanical breakdown, third party software, failure or problems with public utility supplies (including electrical, telecoms or Internet failure), shortage of or inability to obtain supplies, materials, equipment or transportation ("Event of Force Majeure"), regardless of whether the circumstances in question could have been foreseen.
2. Either you or we may terminate a Contract forthwith by written notice to the other in the event that the Event of Force Majeure lasts for a period of two Business Days or more, in which event neither you nor we shall be liable to the other by reason of such termination (other than for the refund of a Product already paid for by you and not delivered).
1. Any notice under a Contract shall be in writing and may be served by personal delivery or by pre-paid or recorded delivery letter or by email addressed to the relevant party at the address or email address of the relevant party last known to the other.
2. Any notice given by post shall be deemed to have been served two Business Days after the same has been posted.
3. Any notice given by email shall be deemed to have been served when the email has been proved to be received by the recipient's server. In proving such service it shall be sufficient to prove that the letter or email was properly addressed and, as the case may be, posted as a prepaid or recorded delivery letter or despatched or a delivery report received.
1. We shall keep a record of your Order and these Terms and Conditions until six years after we have accepted your Order. However, for your future reference, we advise you to print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions, your Order, the Acknowledgement and the Confirmation of Order.
2. No failure or delay by us or you in exercising any right under these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall operate as a waiver of such right or extend to or affect any other or subsequent event or impair any rights or remedies in respect of it or in any way modify or diminish our or your rights under these Terms and Conditions or a Contract.
3. If any clause in these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall become or shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in no way affect any other clause or part of any clause, all of which shall remain in full force and effect, so long as these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall be capable of continuing in effect without the unenforceable term.
4. You shall not assign, transfer, novate, charge, sub-contract, create any trust over or deal in any other manner with these Terms and Conditions or a Contract or all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions or a Contract.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, an agency or a relationship of employer and employee between you and us.
6. No person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall acquire any rights under it or be entitled to benefit from any of its terms even if that person has relied on any such term or has indicated to any party to these Terms and Conditions or that Contract its assent to any such term.
7. These Terms and Conditions and a Contract (and all non-contractual obligations arising out of or connected to them) shall be governed and construed in accordance with Australian Law. Both we and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Courts. All dealings, correspondence and contacts between us shall be made or conducted in the English language.
14. Amendment to the General Business Terms and Conditions
1. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. All amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on-line. However, continued use of the Site will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
May 2012 - v1.0